Friday, June 7, 2013

Please meet Anne!



Whitney and I are super excited to introduce to you all our newest Gus & Ruby gal, Anne! Anne is joining us as the new Store Manager and we are absolutely thrilled to have her on board. Her keen eye for paper goodies, background as a retail & marketing-minded maven and super lovely personality make her a perfect fit. Be sure to stop by and say hello!

So, now, please meet Anne (in her own words):

I grew up in the small town of Bow, New Hampshire as the oldest child of two science teachers. Back-to-school was always a little more about the office supplies than the closet in my house, so I got an early start on my obsession with pretty paper goods. I attended The Derryfield School and Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts and went on to major in International Studies at Denison University in Ohio. I have a weakness for snail mail, colorful DIY projects and dogs. My only child, Harry, is a rescued Brussels Griffon mix. He looks like a bigger and uglier version of Gus! My “studio,” a.k.a. my basement craft room, is filled with paper products that I must admit I often find too pretty to use. My house looks like a Gus & Ruby pop-up shop. It’s totally normal to frame wrapping paper as art, hoard ribbon scraps and buy more journals than any one person could possibly fill in a lifetime, right? When I’m not shopping, crafting or baking up a storm I can be found hiking and kayaking in the beautiful White Mountains. I have spent the last eight years in the Franconia Notch area working for the fashion and home décor catalog, Garnet Hill. I saw the Gus & Ruby job posting on Instagram, Facebook and this blog because I have stalked them ever since I discovered the adorable shop on a Portsmouth retail therapy outing.  The job description read like my dream job and I jumped at the opportunity to join the team. I’m smitten with this town and the lovely ladies of Gus & Ruby and cannot wait to see where this adventure with them takes me! I'm excited to get to know this town and all of the fabulous Gus & Ruby customers. Please stop by to say hello and feel free to give me restaurant recommendations or share your other favorite hidden Seacoast gems.

Thanks,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment