Friday, February 1, 2013

Valen-times...

Happy February 1st Gals & Pals!

You know what I was realizing this past week?
Next to Christmas, Valentines comes a close second in the "Most Rad & Awesome Holiday" category, for me.
It's always been that way.
Maybe it stems from the fact that my great aunt Pegs quilted hearts into all my crib bedding and so that shape has forever been etched in my subsconcious.

Or the fact that my mum used to draw hearts for me to color in with my pack of 96 Crayola brights. And I mean, would draw them DAILY because I was a crayon obsessed maniac as a child.

It could also be the fact that pink and red, together, are like sweet, sweet symphony.




I can tell that you totally get what I'm saying right now...

A lot of people dislike Valentines though. With a passion that's severe and kind of awful. And while I can appreciate that everyone has the right to think what they want, I like to think that Valentine's Day is a day that acts as a friendly reminder to share some love. Because sometimes we get bogged down in work and stress and we forget to tell those we love how awesome they are.

**Note I'm not saying the work and stress are excuses.
Because we can all do better.
I'm just saying that reminders are important.
Plus, let's face it... how often do you tell all the people you should, just how much you love them?

See.
I'm right.
You don't say it enough...
And don't go pulling that, "well, if I say it too much it'll lose it's meaning"...
There's no pulling the wool over my eyes on this one peeps.
I've got you all figured out.

And so, in the interest of fun and fair competitive nature, I'm challenging you to give someone a Valentine this year who will not likely be expecting one. This goes out to all of you Valentines nay-sayers, too.
It's a healthy, good-natured challenge... and you'll feel great doing it.
Believe you me.



Come and see us at Gus & Ruby's and we'll hook. you. up.
You'll be passing out the BEST Valen-timesy love notes this side of the Piscataqua!
Because, you know, we don't mess around when it comes to gifties and love notes.
No Sir-ree, Bob. 






(just a small assortment of cards from Rifle Paper Co. available now at Gus & Ruby Letterpress)

Don't 'cha just love, love?!
xo Lizzy







 

No comments:

Post a Comment