Friday, September 28, 2012

cozy little friday...

Afternoon guys and gals!

Liz here!
I know, LONG time no chat!
Things have been busy and bustling around the shop and I've been sending orders out left and right for new product that we'll be carrying this holiday season. Let me tell ya - Gus & Ruby will not disappoint in the stocking stuffer and gift department this year! And custom holiday card albums will be out for you next week.
Holy smokes time is flying!!

Today has been such a chilly, rainy day that all I can think about is getting home, getting into some comfies and writing a few love letters to the boy. Sounds like a mighty marvy idea, don't you think?!

 Oh, and we've been burning one of these AWESOME new Relish candles from Paddywax in the shop all day. They're the best - clean burning and 100% artisan soy poured in the U.S.A. Scents range from Gardenia & Tuberose (my fave) to Pomegranate & Spruce which I think will be a good fit for many of you who love that woodsy, fresh, early-winter scent lingering around the house.

Plus, how can you pass up the adorable semi-opaque jars they're in? I certainly can't :)


I wanted to leave you with a little bit of retail love before the weekend hits. Some of my FAVE newbies in the shop (although it's tough to choose these days!)

I'm all about practical little planners, and this one with spiral rings and a manilla envelope adhered to the front fits the bill. Great for storage and keeping yourself organized and on time - and what I love MOST about this planner is that it's perpetual so you can stop and start whenever you like!


For obvious reasons, I'm pretty obsessed with the new foil stamped greeting cards that just arrived in from Rifle.
Je t'aime for sure!


But when it comes to boxed notecards, Alee & Press has been winning my heart over in a big way! Alee & Press is a company whose wedding stationery line we've carried here at Gus & Ruby from the early days... and when she got in touch with us early in 2012 about a retail line we jumped for joy at the potential. Needless to say, she did not disappoint with her launch at NSS.





I'll leave you with this final gem.
I am a sucker for sweet little quotes and love notes (duh - I work at a stationery store!!) and this box of 365 Gathered Truths is definitely on my wish list. Oh Franny boy, are you listening??
The box is made of reclaimed wood, and it's contents are 365 individual handmade paper cards printed with love quotes and sayings. Talk about the perfect gift for an anniversary or wedding. I just love, love, love it.


Make's you wanna go shopping, don't it ;)
Miss and love you all - come visit soon!!
xo Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment