Monday, October 25, 2010

My beautiful bridal shower



I have been eager to post pics from the gorgeous bridal shower my friends threw me on June 12, but we had held off in the hopes that we could submit it to a favorite wedding blog. We are thrilled to report that the shower is featured on The Sweetest Occasion blog this morning, one of our absolute favorites!

Before you head on over there, I want to give a little shout-out to those who put the shower together. For our wedding I had 5 bridesmaids and no maid of honor as I wanted to leave that spot open for my dear sister and best friend, Hilary who passed away three years ago. Having no assigned maid in charge I think the girls had a tad bit of trouble getting things organized in the very beginning, but Sam quickly took charge as she had all of the great vendor connections and local access to the restaurant. The theme of the shower was "Let's feather her nest!" and as you will see from the pictures, she carried this idea from the invitations (letterpress printed by my dad:) to the favors (my favorite part) to the decor and attire.

Sam, Dre, Amy, Lauren and Maya, thank you for throwing me the most beautiful and thoughtful shower of all time! I can't believe how much time and effort you put in and I am so SO thankful to have you all in my life!

OK, that's all. Now you can head on over to The Sweetest Occasion and see all of the amazing photographs, taken by (you guessed it) the lovely Emilie Sommer.

No comments:

Post a Comment