Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A swoon-worthy proposal.

Font size(Screen shot of this video, found on BridePop and shot by Stereo Waltz Films)

Holy crow is this proposal romantic. Watch the video HERE and then read on.

As you all know, I'm a sap. I'm a big, crys-at-everything-happy-and-sad, jumps up and down and squeals when excited, loves all the mushy-stuff kind of sap. I love love stories. I'm always up for a good RomCom and I absolutely love hearing proposal stories. It's pretty much my favorite part of meeting a new couple.

While I know some ladies take matters into their own hands and pop the question, I'd say it's pretty much the norm for the man to do the proposing. And, boy, is that a big job! How do you find the perfect way to ask someone to spend the rest of their life with you? For some people, it's an intimate conversation smack-dab in the middle of an everyday occurrence or sitting side-by-side on the couch. For others it's a big event full of all-out surprises and twists and turns that the bride-to-be never saw coming. Both styles are lovely and romantic and perfect for the couple involved. That's the great thing about love - exactly how you and your honey fall in love, stay in love, express your love and share your love is just pitch-perfect for you!

The proposal in the video is totally right up my alley. One of the MANY things I love about this proposal (again, watch the video before you read this!) is that it's clear that Casey spent some serious time thinking through all the special things that make him and Amy right for each other. I love the creativity and thought he put into this and I love that he included their dear friends in the process. Could there be anything more wonderful than getting engaged to your beloved and then immediately being whisked to an engagement party to celebrate with all your besties? I think not!

There is a lot of sadness in the world, so I'm a big fan of celebrating as much as is possible (you bet your bottom dollar that I throw parties for just about every holiday, life event, random mid-winter evening!). I love taking photos of my family and friends, sending sweet (or sarcastic, as it were) cards to those people that I love, and generally taking time to share joy, spread happiness and dance a bit in my little world. And I love that Casey thought about all the goodness he and Amy had shared and made the special efforts to share joy, spread happiness and dance with their pals at this most important event.

Swoon.


2 comments:

  1. looks quite a great post, it's having good information for research analysis. great job

    ReplyDelete