Saturday, February 27, 2010

Create your own inspiration board!


{Board courtesy of Snippet and Ink. Credits:Top row from left: flower hair piece by Austie, photo from Sunflower Events, photo fromBig Leo Productions, Jussara Lee dress from Martha Stewart Weddings Row 2: photo from Brides, cake from Martha Stewart Weddings, photo byMichele M. Waite, flowers byAriella Chezar from Brides Row 3: silhouette cookies from Wedding Style Guide, sabayon and berries from Martha Stewart Weddings, iris bouquet photo by Anna Kuperberg, envelope liner from Mika78}

For those of you brides-to-be who read wedding blogs daily like I do, you're probably loving the idea of putting together an inspiration board for your own wedding. Kathryn, the author of one of my favorite wedding blogs, Snippet and Ink, is famous for her daily boards and now, it seems, that every wedding blog is following this trend. When I first started planning my wedding (2 years ago!) I created my own board so that whenever I was having a hard time envisioning the event I could glance at this image and remember the overall feeling I was going for.

{I have to apologize because I created these boards so long ago that I don't have any of the photo credits. A big big no-no here in the blogging world, so if anyone knows of any of the photographers or stylists, please leave a comment!}

My original board above was created in Photoshop which is a design program most of you probably don't have. But, no need to worry because there are websites out there that will do it for you! Hooray! One of the latest to launch is Dessy. This name is familiar to you because they are the mother of all bridesmaid dress companies. Even if you aren't a customer of theirs, you can still log on here and create your own board. Using their library of Pantone colors, you can make sure you get that perfect robin's egg blue you are dreaming of and you can even pull in the guy's ties and the flower girl sashes. You can upload any personal pictures that you may have taken of your dress, the cake or the venue. And, the best part is that you can upload all the images on your desktop that you've been collecting from wedding blogs over the last six months! What's not to love? Below is my Dessy interpretation of my original inspiration board:

In addition to the Dessy site, here are some other wonderful options:

No comments:

Post a Comment