Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday afternoon thoughts + some Finger Lickin' Friday action!


Hi Paper Hounds,

I do apologize that our December blog-posts have been fairly similarly themed (details about all the fabulous goodies going on sale each day for our 24 Days of Savings event). While we are stoked to write about each day's awesome sale, we haven't been great about keeping up with just our regular old blog posts. Whoops!

So, here's a little "what's-on-my-mind-right-this-very-second" fun:

1. December has been so super awesome. I mean, really. Whit and I are just so thankful for all the amazing, hilarious, wonderful customers that have been in the store recently to stock-up on gifts, holiday cards, wrapping paper and other goodies. Holiday cheer is abundant in Portsmouth!

2. Two couples in the past week have been in to pick-up their wedding invitations. The first set was from The Lettered Olive. Holy cow are they gorgeous. R&A's guests are going to be blown away when those beauties arrive in their mailboxes. The next set came from the super talented Andrea of Float Paperie. The "atonement-like" (bride's description!) theme and gold, black and magenta color palate that Bride O chose is totally fabulous. This is not surprising, though, as O is one of the most stylish, adorable and totally-put-together gals I know. I'm pretty sure O&E's wedding is going to be a total inspiration. Whitney and I just can't get over how lucky we are that we get to chat with these lovely couples about weddings and paper all day for a job! Can you believe that!? It means so much to us that we get to help out, even in a little way, as these kind and wonderful people start their lives together. It never ceases to make me choke up a little when I watch a couple see their invitations for the first time. I love love.

3. My lovely, talented friend Meg made Peppermint Patty Martinis the other night. She's a pioneer so she added mini chocolate chips to the recipe. They are delicious and nutritious and strong. (The nutritious part is a lie) You've been warned.

4. Kids bundled up like Eskimos make my heart melt a little. Hi little abominable snowman!!

5. Well this recipe for lemon raspberry thumbprint cookies is finger lickin' for sure! Must make tomorrow night.

6. My blogger crush, The Pioneer Woman, is doing a book signing in NYC this weekend. This is the closest she's going to be to NH while on her book tour. I'm thinking of calling-in sick (don't tell Whitney) tomorrow and driving to wait for 8 hours in line to meet her. Either that or taking a road-trip to OK and showing up on the porch of her ranch. Good ideas?

7. I'm going for the candlelight stroll at Strawbery Banke on Sunday with my family and I can't wait. Old-timey houses, candlelight, and caroling? Yes, please!

Have a wonderful weekend, y'all (see, Ree, I'm country!). Stay warm in this chilly weather!









1 comment:

  1. I went to Ree's book signing here in HOuston! She is sooo sweet! GO meet her!!

    ReplyDelete