Monday, November 9, 2009

They're heeeeeere!

Perfect timing since we're on the topic of coffee and mugs. For those of you non-designers, Pantone® isthe world-renowned authority on color and is known worldwide as the standard language for accurate color communication, from designer to manufacturer to retailer to customer, across a variety of industries. The PANTONE® MATCHING SYSTEM® was developed in 1963 by Lawrence Herbert in an effort to identify, communicate and match colors in the graphic arts industry. Since that time, the PMS system has reached into fashion, retail, paint and plastics and is like a second language to us designers.

Sam and I are so excited (jumping up and down excited) to have these mugs in-store and are already fighting over which color we get to claim as our own. There are a huge number of PMS colors to choose from, but we had to narrow it down and thus, landed on: 5757, 520, 3272, 130, 179 and 3025 for our first order. I know you're all reaching for your swatch books right now and since I imagine that a good portion of our readers are not design nerds, I have included photos below to showcase our color scheme. Quite lovely, don't you think? We have 6 of each style and they are priced at $12.00 each so get in here and buy one for your boss, co-worker, or in my case, Dad. And how cute would they be as a full set in your kitchen? Sigh. I'm in love!

My very own Pantone tower! This was some pretty extreme merchandizing and I took every precaution necessary. Don't try this at home.

1 comment:

  1. Those are the BEST! I'm thinking I might get myself an early Christmas present :-)

    ReplyDelete