Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Land of Design, Particle Board and Swedish Meatballs


IKEA.

Monday afternoon, Whitney, our consultant (my mother) and I packed up and drove to Ikea in Stoughton, MA. We went on a fact-finding mission for the Gus & Ruby store. We were looking for shelving units, tables, lighting, pretty much everything.

We started out bright-eyed and bushy-tailed but after 2 hours of wandering through the Ikea maze we were dazed and confused to say the least. A plate of swedish meatballs, some delicious chicken fingers (redundant, I know) and french fries and we were back on track to tackle "the marketplace."

Whit and I felt good about the few semi-decisions we made - we're pretty sure we've decided on shelving and a few display tables. But, in true Whiz & Ham fashion, we left the mega-store without any pieces of significance and, instead, several armfuls of knick-knacks and detail items (like stem vases and patterened tins for the studio!). There is a small chance we need serious help here.

1 comment:

  1. I just did ikea last weekend and felt the same way except that I wrote down all the items I finally decided on and when I went to pick them up in the self-service area they were all out of stock! Empty handedness is no fun, good luck when you return!

    ReplyDelete